help with mysql storage

zied ben rejeb
hi !!
i'm using kannel and all works well(connection to the
simulator(smpp), sms sending and receiving), but
though i put the mysql storage i couldn't find the sms
in the table .
So i'm wondering if there is a linux script to write,
or something else..
please help me
thanx a lot!!

http://mail.yahoo.com

SQLBox Mysql Connection

Stuart-10
Hi,

I'm trying to set up sqlbox to log incoming and outgoing messages to / from
the smbox but cannot get the smsbox to connect to mysql.

I'm using the same connection settings as I did for dlr with mysql and that
worked fine. Is there something I'm missing? It's running on SuSe 10 on a
dual 64-bit Xeon machine. The code make's with no error and I'm using the
latest cvs of kannel and sqlbox.

Here is a snippet of the conf file:

# mysql DLR
group = mysql-connection
id = mydlr
host = db.XXXXX.com
username = XXXXX
password = XXXXX
database = test
max-connections = 4

and,

# SQLBOX SETUP
group = sqlbox
# id corresponds to id in group = mysql-connection.
# this is analogous to id in group = dlr-db
id = mydlr
# smsbox-id indicates the box where SQL-injected messages appear to be
coming from
smsbox-id = sqlbox2
# bearerbox host to connect to
bearerbox-host = "localhost"
# smsbox port to be listening on
smsbox-port = 13013
##smsbox-port-ssl = false
# sql-log-table is the table used to log all sent messages
sql-log-table = sent_sms
# sql-insert-table is the table that is monitored for new messages to send
sql-insert-table = send_sms
# global sender: If no sender is specified in sql-insert-table then this
# value is used.
global-sender = 06121
# log-file =
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/sqlbox.log"
# log-level = 10
# ssl-client-certkey-file = ""
# ssl-server-cert-file = ""
# ssl-server-key-file = ""
# ssl-trusted-ca-file = ""

Any help with this would be much appreciated, thanks!

Stuart

Re: SQLBox Mysql Connection

Stuart-10
Hi,

Thanks for your reply....

Here's the config for group = smsbox:

# SMSBOX SETUP

group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
bearerbox-is-sqlbox = true
#sendsms-port = 13013
sendsms-port = 13013
global-sender = "12345"
sendsms-url = "/cgi-bin/sendsms"
#sendsms-chars = "0123456789 +-"
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
#log-level = 0
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"

I've also set "bearerbox-is-sqlbox = true" in the "smsbox" group.

Stuart

> Do you use the parameter bearerbox-is-sqlbox?
>
> Rene Kluwen
> Chimit
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to set up sqlbox to log incoming and outgoing messages to /
>> from
>> the smbox but cannot get the smsbox to connect to mysql.
>>
>> I'm using the same connection settings as I did for dlr with mysql and
>> that
>> worked fine. Is there something I'm missing? It's running on SuSe 10 on a
>> dual 64-bit Xeon machine. The code make's with no error and I'm using the
>> latest cvs of kannel and sqlbox.
>>
>> Here is a snippet of the conf file:
>>
>> # mysql DLR
>> group = mysql-connection
>> id = mydlr
>> host = db.XXXXX.com
>> username = XXXXX
>> password = XXXXX
>> database = test
>> max-connections = 4
>>
>> and,
>>
>> # SQLBOX SETUP
>> group = sqlbox
>> # id corresponds to id in group = mysql-connection.
>> # this is analogous to id in group = dlr-db
>> id = mydlr
>> # smsbox-id indicates the box where SQL-injected messages appear to be
>> coming from
>> smsbox-id = sqlbox2
>> # bearerbox host to connect to
>> bearerbox-host = "localhost"
>> # smsbox port to be listening on
>> smsbox-port = 13013
>> ##smsbox-port-ssl = false
>> # sql-log-table is the table used to log all sent messages
>> sql-log-table = sent_sms
>> # sql-insert-table is the table that is monitored for new messages to
>> send
>> sql-insert-table = send_sms
>> # global sender: If no sender is specified in sql-insert-table then this
>> # value is used.
>> global-sender = 06121
>> # log-file =
>> log-file = "/var/log/kannel/sqlbox.log"
>> # log-level = 10
>> # ssl-client-certkey-file = ""
>> # ssl-server-cert-file = ""
>> # ssl-server-key-file = ""
>> # ssl-trusted-ca-file = ""
>>
>> Any help with this would be much appreciated, thanks!
>>
>> Stuart

SQLBox Mysql Connection

Stuart-10

I'm trying to set up Kannel on SuSe and running into problems with SqlBox.
It will connect to the DB and create the tables required but will not insert
any of the traffic sent through.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Stuart

RE: SQLBox Mysql Connection

Rene Kluwen
This is kind of a -users question.
Did you make sure you are connecting smsbox *through* sqlbox?
This is done by the configuration parameter bearerbox-is-sqlbox in your
group = smsbox in kannel.conf.

Rene Kluwen
Chimit

Re: SQLBox Mysql Connection

Stuart-10
Hi

Appologies if this is in the wrong list, I haven't had much luck in the
users list. I was wondering if there was a bug in the code?

The smsbox is connected to the sqlbox and onto the bearerbox and I've set
the configuration to include the "bearerbox-is-sqlbox = true" in the conf
file.

Everything should be working as far as I can see but it's not. I've edited
the code to output debug messages when the "insert" sql statements are
called and they haven't appeared in the debug logs. This would indicate that
they are not being called. Does the sqlbox support 64bit machines? Could
this be part of the problem?

Thanks,
Stuart