USSD SMPP integration

kabin mool

Hi,

I am trying to use kannel for integrating with USSD GW using SMPP.

My bind to USSD GW is ok. MO is ok and MT has some problem, msg is receiving in handset but if I send or cancel msg, it is is re-sending the same msg to my handset repetitively.

I am using following parameters in kannel.conf without smpp-tlv group.

# SMS SERVICE
group = sms-service
keyword = default
omit-empty = true
max-messages = 10
get-url = "http://X.X.X.X/abc.php?mob=%p&text=TRIAL&meta-data=%3Fsmpp%3Fussd%5Fservice%5Fop%3D17%26its%5Fsession%5Finfo%3D0"
name="*2210#"

Do I need to define smpp-tlv group in my configuration?

As per my wireshark trace, delivery_sm has optional parameters: ussd_service_op and its_session_info (attached) but submit_sm does not have optional parameters set. Do I need to set this parameter, if yes how to send these parameters in submit_sm?

I am using kannel 1.4.4 in centos 6.

Thanking you in advance.

KABIN

delivery_sm.JPG (52K) Download Attachment

Re: USSD SMPP integration

Stipe Tolj-2
Am 01.11.2016 07:40, schrieb kabin mool:

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to use kannel for integrating with USSD GW using SMPP.
>
> My bind to USSD GW is ok. MO is ok and MT has some problem, msg is
> receiving in handset but if I send or cancel msg, it is is re-sending
> the same msg to my handset repetitively.
>

> I am using following parameters in kannel.conf without smpp-tlv group.
>
> # SMS SERVICE
> group = sms-service
> keyword = default
> omit-empty = true
> max-messages = 10
> get-url =
> "<a href="http://X.X.X.X/abc.php?mob=%p&text=TRIAL&meta-data=%3Fsmpp%3Fussd%5Fservice%5Fop%3D17%26its%5Fsession%5Finfo%3D0">http://X.X.X.X/abc.php?mob=%p&text=TRIAL&meta-data=%3Fsmpp%3Fussd%5Fservice%5Fop%3D17%26its%5Fsession%5Finfo%3D0"
> name="*2210#"
>
> Do I need to define smpp-tlv group in my configuration?
>
> As per my wireshark trace, delivery_sm has optional parameters:
> ussd_service_op and its_session_info (attached) but submit_sm does not
> have optional parameters set. Do I need to set this parameter, if yes
> how to send these parameters in submit_sm?

correct, you will need to define the corresponding 'group = smpp-tlv' in
the config, which make Kannel aware of the tag/name relation. Then use
the meta-data HTTP header in the HTTP response to inject the 2 values in
the MT message, which is then send as optional TLVs in the submit_sm PDU.

--
Best Regards,
Stipe Tolj

Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Kannel Foundation                 tolj.org system architecture
http://www.kannel.org/            http://www.tolj.org/

stolj at kannel.org               st at tolj.org