Problem with GET HTTP

Giulio Giovannini
Hi all,

am using a recent version of kannel and have problems with HTTP GETs executed after receiving a DLR.

I got the code from svn but the VERSION file does not contain any version number. The first line only read: 'svn'. The HTTP status page says: Kannel bearerbox version `svn-runknown'. Build `May 8 2017 12:07:25'

The problem is as follows: it looks like kannel is buffering or aggregating the HTTP GET that I have asked it to execute for each DLR. In doing so, DLRs can be delayed for various seconds (up to 5-6 seconds) or lost when traffic is high.

This behaviour is different from other kannel instances I have build on Jan 23 2017 10:23:30. All instances share the same mysql DB for DLR storage, so, that can not be the problem.

So, my question is: has any queue or caching system been introduced into smsbox HTTP GETs towards external resources? That would explain that behaviour and overflowed buffer could explain the lost DLRs.

Best regards,
Giulio Giovannnini

Re: Problem with GET HTTP

Giulio Giovannini
Hi,

nobody has anything to say about this issue?

More details: I am seeing a difference of up to 8 seconds between the logging of  DLR on smsbox log and the actual sending of the HTTP GET on the network interface.

The server the application is running on does not seem to have any problem with the networking.

Best regards,
Giulio

Mobyt S.p.A.Giulio Giovannini
Devops Mobyt