Phone or GSM Modem that works on US bands

Phone or GSM Modem that works on US bands

Paul Basel
I posted a question a while back about GSM modems and received a response. Does anyone know where I might find one of the GSM modems listed on the compatibility page (http://www.kannel.org/compatibility.shtml )? Or any other GSM modem or perhaps a GSM phone that I can purchase in the US that works on the US GSM bands?

RE: Phone or GSM Modem that works on US bands

Eric Langheinrich

I am using a Blue Tree Wireless M2M Express GSM modem purchased from Airdesk www.airdesk.net. Works great for me.

Re: Phone or GSM Modem that works on US bands

Andrew Minerd
We're currently using a bank of 5 MultiTech USB GSM/GRPS modems with TMobile
service plans, and are setting up another bank of 5, but with a serial
(RS232) interface.

http://multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Families/MultiModemGPRS/

I wouldn't recommend the USB modems under Linux, as we've had problems with
the driver for the integrated Ti USB->Serial converter (requiring reboots,
etc.).

@