Passing Unicode as MO to HTTP SMSC

hamza@aeon.pk
Hi,

I am using an HTTP SMSC to route my SMS traffic via kannel. The incoming MO URL is http://localhost:13031/?username=tester&password=foobar&from=1234567890&to=4444&text=Hello. Filling this URL for all parameters and passing onto kannel works very fine. However, if the message variable is Unicode, Kannel does not understands it and treats it as garbage. How can I let kannel know that the message is Unicodem so that it translates it right? Do I pass some extra parameter in the URL?

Many thanks,
Hamza

Re: Passing Unicode as MO to HTTP SMSC

Rene Kluwen
On top of my head, I think the parameter is coding=2 and also charset=utf8.
Not sure if the http smsc also listens to these. But it's worth a try.

Many thanks,
Hamza

Re: Passing Unicode as MO to HTTP SMSC

hamza@aeon.pk
Hi Rene,

Thanks a lot. &charset=utf8 did the trick, without coding parameter.

Regards,
Hamza