Message storage for handsets

hamza@aeon.pk
Hi,

I am using a sony ericsson handset as a modem. The problem is that, when I set message storage as SM in kannel config, few SMS still escape to land on SM and start to accumulate on the phone memory (ME). The active kannel config (message-storage=SM) cannot pick it up, unless I manually shutdown kannel, change this parameter to ME, and then restart kannel.

Is there a way to force kannel to check both SM and ME for messages present on either places?

Regards,
Hamza

Re: Message storage for handsets

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi

Yes, just add "sim-buffering = true" on your modem config. Kanel will periodically check modem memory for messages and will process accordingly. Once processed, it will delete them from phone.

Regards,

Alvaro

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier celular y Nextel
en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS y GPRS online
              Visitenos en www.perusms.com

Hamza

Re: Message storage for handsets

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi

Storage should be defined as SM so kannel will look for messages on sim card.

message-storage = SM

Note that some phones allow to configure sms storage on the equipment. If you do so, then you should use "message-storage = ME"

In this last case, however, there seems to be cases where some messages are stored in sim even though you configure it for memory equipment.

Regards,

Alvaro