MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Seystec Soler
Hello fellows.

I have a strange case, I'm trying to store in database (Oracle) messages received from an SMPP connection. Connection it's fine and I can receive it but MO messages are being stored in table 50 times each. In Kannel logs and web interface shows one message is received but sqlbox (presumibly) is multiplying each MO message. My setup is:
SMPP --> bearerbox --> sqlbox.
I'm running only bearerbox and sqlbox.
I have been testing with versions 1.4.4 and SVN on Debian Wheezy and CentOS 7. Can you help me to see what I am missing on my config to avoid this behavior?

Thanks for you time.

Below is my minimal config:

####### Begin Config file ########

group = core
admin-port = 13000
admin-password = mySecretPass
box-allow-ip = "*.*.*.*"
admin-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
smsbox-port = 13001
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/kannel.log"
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"

group = smsbox
smsbox-id = smsbox
bearerbox-host = 127.0.0.1
sendsms-port = 13013
global-sender = 13013

group = sqlbox
id = sqlbox-db
smsbox-id = sqlbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
bearerbox-port = 13001
smsbox-port = 13005
sql-log-table = sms_sent
sql-insert-table = sms_send
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/sqlbox.log"

group = oracle-connection
id = sqlbox-db
username = scott
password = tiger
max-connections = 1

group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = SMPP-RX
host = x.x.x.x
receive-port = 8324
#port = 8324
#transceiver-mode = true
smsc-username = smppUser
smsc-password = smppPasswd
system-type = default
interface-version = 34
enquire-link-interval = 30
dest-addr-ton = 1
dest-addr-npi = 1
source-addr-ton = 1
source-addr-npi = 1
connection-timeout = 100
alt-charset = 0

#Routing messages
group = smsbox-route
smsbox-id = sqlbox
smsc-id = SMPP-RX

####### End Config file ########

Best regards

Re: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Seystec Soler

Hello.
Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks

[...]

Best regards

RE: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

info.ubichip

Hello,

Do you have any sms services acting as a loop and reinjecting the MO ?

Regards

Re: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Seystec Soler
Hello

Thanks for your response,
I have only one service in my config file, default service:

group = sms-service
keyword = default
text = ""
max-messages = 0

Any other suggestion?

Regards

Hello,

Do you have any sms services acting as a loop and reinjecting the MO ?

Regards

RE: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

info.ubichip

Hello,

Do you have the same sms Id/timestamp in all the MO message ?

any trigger setup in your database ?

Regards

RE: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Seystec Soler
Hello.

Messages have same timestamp but different id since ids are created by triggers with a sequence.
Tables have only two triggers created by sqlbox without changes.

Regards

El 17/1/2017 12:07, "info.ubichip" <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hello,

Do you have the same sms Id/timestamp in all the MO message ?

any trigger setup in your database ?

Regards

Re[2]: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Rene Kluwen
sqlbox doesn't create triggers out of the box.
You may want to look into that direction.

== Rene

Re: Re[2]: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Seystec Soler
Hello Rene.
Thanks for your assistance

In my understanding for Oracle DB (in absence of auto increment fields) sqlbox uses triggers and sequences to generate ids.

In source code (sqlbox_oracle.c):
        /*
         * Oracle implementation using a sequence and a trigger for auto_increment fields.
         */
        sql = octstr_format(SQLBOX_ORACLE_CREATE_LOG_SEQUENCE, sqlbox_logtable);
        sql = octstr_format(SQLBOX_ORACLE_CREATE_LOG_TRIGGER, sqlbox_logtable, sqlbox_logtable, sqlbox_logtable);

Also sqlbox log shows trigger creation attempts on each initialization:
2017-01-17 20:51:20 [5746] [0] ERROR: Error - ORA-04081: trigger 'sms_sent_trg' already exists
2017-01-17 20:51:22 [5746] [0] ERROR: Error - ORA-04081: trigger 'sms_send_trg' already exists

Regards

sqlbox doesn't create triggers out of the box.
You may want to look into that direction.

== Rene

Re[4]: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Rene Kluwen
Ah, you are using the Oracle backend. Sorry, I automatically assumed mysql.
So this is an interesting use case. I've never came across somebody using it, after creating it many years ago.
The sqlbox insert code for MT messages and MO messages looks the same in the oracle driver.

Do you get the MO also 50 times relayed to your smsbox? Or do you leave it just in sqlbox without doing anything with it?
In the latter case, it might be an acknowlegde to bearerbox that is missing. Just brainstorming here.

== Rene

Re: Re[4]: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Seystec Soler
Hello

I'm running only bearerbox and sqlbox. Messages are being passed from bearerbox to sqlbox directly. smsbox is no initiated, this could be a problem here?
In simple scenario that I want for MO messages: SMPP --> bearerbox --> sqlbox. Also I need to start a smsbox instance? What is its functionality?

Regards

Ah, you are using the Oracle backend. Sorry, I automatically assumed mysql.
So this is an interesting use case. I've never came across somebody using it, after creating it many years ago.
The sqlbox insert code for MT messages and MO messages looks the same in the oracle driver.

Do you get the MO also 50 times relayed to your smsbox? Or do you leave it just in sqlbox without doing anything with it?
In the latter case, it might be an acknowlegde to bearerbox that is missing. Just brainstorming here.

== Rene

Re[6]: MO messages from SMPP stored in database multiple times

Rene Kluwen
You shouldn't be having to start an smsbox.
But just in case there is a bug, it may be in that direction.

== Rene