Kannel SMPP

FERNANDO VILLARROEL
Hi Guys.

I'm new to Kennal.
I want to ask you the following.

In my company we have a smpp connection with a Telco.

My query is if it is possible to use kennal to send and receive SMS over SMPP with Telco?
If yes then I would like to register all the events in PostgreSQL.

I have seen the following how to:
Setting Up RapidSMS with Kannel
Setting Up RapidSMS with Vumi

Is it possible to handle events for example when receiving an incoming SMS and capture the source and destination number, the text of the message, PDU and register them in PostgreSQL?

Then I would like your advice to start and test route smpp.

I would appreciate your tips or guides.

Regards.

Re: Kannel SMPP

Sayed Hadi Rastgou Haghi
DearĀ FERNANDO

You can use kannel to have smpp connection to Telcos.

But kannel is a gateway only and you should save MT/MO messages and delivery reports in DB yourself.
Kannel has HTTP APIs for sending messages and you can set HTTP URL for incoming messages.

In kannel user manual, there are lots of examples of configurations.

Regards,
Hadi

--
Sincerely,