KSMPPD (alternative Kannel SMPP server) now available

KSMPPD (alternative Kannel SMPP server) now available

Kannel Neo
Hi everyone,

I have been working in telecommunications for a while and I've come across both OpenSMPPBox and commercial SMPPBox in my career. These are both excellent pieces of software but I found certain limitations repeated themselves in large scale deployments (large numbers of ESMEs, massive amounts of queues, etc).

This is why I decided to make my own attempt at a free and open source SMPP server which works with Kannel (connects to bearerbox and/or sqlbox). I won't go into too much detail in this initial email but just that the code and readme is now available at https://github.com/kneodev/ksmppd

As it stands it features database driven authentication + routing (MySQL only currently) and also HTTP based authentication + routing as options. It is fully asynchronous during the routing chains and also makes use of libevent so it is not limited to a thread per ESME.

If anyone wishes to contribute code to this - please let me know. I'd happily contribute this to the Kannel foundation but I think it deviates too much from the principals of the current box mechanisms (billing, etc).

Enjoy (I hope).

RE: KSMPPD (alternative Kannel SMPP server) now available

Rene Kluwen

Great initiative!

We need more of those, keeping Kannel alive J