HTTP SMSC splitting long SMS

hamza@aeon.pk
Hi,

I am using HTTP SMSC to send MT SMS to a PHP script. I just discovered that the HTTP SMSC is passing long (concatenated) SMS to the PHP script in 2 parts, which makes them 2 individual SMS for the handset, instead of one long SMS. How can I prevent kannel from doing this?

Regards,
Hamza

Re: HTTP SMSC splitting long SMS

Amir Mahmoud
Hi Hamza,

HTTP SMSC can pass the UDH too, so you can render the UDH in your PHP script and submit each SMS part with the corresponding UDH to the upstream gateway.

Regards,
Amir

On 5 April 2017 at 15:16, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am using HTTP SMSC to send MT SMS to a PHP script. I just discovered that the HTTP SMSC is passing long (concatenated) SMS to the PHP script in 2 parts, which makes them 2 individual SMS for the handset, instead of one long SMS. How can I prevent kannel from doing this?

Regards,
Hamza

RE: HTTP SMSC splitting long SMS

Davor Spasoski-2

Try the following in your core configuration:

sms-combine-concatenated-mo = true

sms-combine-concatenated-mo-timeout = 60

BR

Davor Spasoski

Re: HTTP SMSC splitting long SMS

Stipe Tolj-2
Am 05.04.17 15:16, schrieb [hidden email]:
> Hi,
>
> I am using HTTP SMSC to send MT SMS to a PHP script. I just discovered
> that the HTTP SMSC is passing long (concatenated) SMS to the PHP script
> in 2 parts, which makes them 2 individual SMS for the handset, instead
> of one long SMS. How can I prevent kannel from doing this?

by default the abstraction layer segments all MTs towards an upstream
SMSC to 140 octets, the GSM SMS PDU size limit.

For an HTTP SMSC upstream this may be unwanted, you can define how long
a PDU size can be via:

   group = smsc
   max-sms-octets = x

simply define a larger size here for the HTTP SMSC, in order NOT to
segment the message.

See also the documentation at section:

http://www.kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html#AEN1447

for details on the config directive.

--
Best Regards,
Stipe Tolj

Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Kannel Foundation                 tolj.org system architecture
http://www.kannel.org/            http://www.tolj.org/

[hidden email]                  [hidden email]