Force DLR Request in OpenSMPP Kannel

Gorki Alfaro
Hello friends
Is there any way to enable a DLR request on OpenSMPP client even if this is not requested by the SMPP client (ESME)?

I would like to keep record of the delivery success rate for billing and statistics purporses.

Regards,
Gorki

RE: Force DLR Request in OpenSMPP Kannel

Rene Kluwen

I don’t think this is possible without changing the source code.

Is there any way to enable a DLR request on OpenSMPP client even if this is not requested by the SMPP client (ESME)?

I would like to keep record of the delivery success rate for billing and statistics purporses.

Regards,

Gorki

RE: Force DLR Request in OpenSMPP Kannel

Vangelis Typaldos

A solution could be to use a sqlbox between opensmppbox and bearerbox and set a default value for column dlr-mask  in your sendsms table

ALTER TABLE sendsms ALTER COLUMN dlr-mask SET DEFAULT 7;

BR

Gorki

Re: Force DLR Request in OpenSMPP Kannel

Gorki Alfaro
Hello Friends

I have installed SQLBox between BearerBox and OpenSMPPBox, I will try changing  the DRL-Mask to 7.
But how it works? How setting this value to 7 will force DRL Request to be called?

Thanks for your answer,

Gorki

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Vangelis Typaldos <[hidden email]> wrote:

A solution could be to use a sqlbox between opensmppbox and bearerbox and set a default value for column dlr-mask  in your sendsms table

ALTER TABLE sendsms ALTER COLUMN dlr-mask SET DEFAULT 7;

BR

I don’t think this is possible without changing the source code.

RE: Force DLR Request in OpenSMPP Kannel

Vangelis Typaldos

Dear Gorki,

Please refer to the kannel documentation.

Like with sendsms API, sqlbox will request for a delivery report to the smsc if you setup dlr-mask (with any valid value, not only 7) and define a dlr-url .

As per Rene comment I think this won’t be returned to the ESME client that is connected on opensmppbox , but the intermediation of sqlbox alter the original registered_delivery value of the submit_sm packet PDU requesting a delivery receipt from smsc.

The mentioned sql statement just set a default value for dlr-mask column(maps to registered_delivery value) in sendsms table.

BR

Vangelis

I don’t think this is possible without changing the source code.

Re: Force DLR Request in OpenSMPP Kannel

Gorki Alfaro
Vangelis

Thanks for your answer, yesterday I tried to do this setting a default valué on the dlrmask  field (send_sms table), additionally using the kannel.conf I tried using dlr-mask and  dlr-url under  send-sms group. Both options Didn't work at all.
So, Do I have to set dlr-url and dlr-mask in the sqlbox config file?

Thanks in advance,
Gorki

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 15 abr 2016, a las 13:12, Vangelis Typaldos <[hidden email]> escribió:

Dear Gorki,

Please refer to the kannel documentation.

Like with sendsms API, sqlbox will request for a delivery report to the smsc if you setup dlr-mask (with any valid value, not only 7) and define a dlr-url .

As per Rene comment I think this won’t be returned to the ESME client that is connected on opensmppbox , but the intermediation of sqlbox alter the original registered_delivery value of the submit_sm packet PDU requesting a delivery receipt from smsc.

The mentioned sql statement just set a default value for dlr-mask column(maps to registered_delivery value) in sendsms table.

BR

Vangelis

I don’t think this is possible without changing the source code.

Re: Force DLR Request in OpenSMPP Kannel

Amritesh-2
Hi,

I guess you can set dlr-url(URL encoded) and dlr-mask column value to a default value for

Amritesh