DLR - SMSC emi

Filipe Carvalho

    Hello Kannel Users,

    I've two bearerboxes (lets call them A and B and they are different
servers) connected to the same SMSC, and configured dlr-storage as internal.

    But SMSC does not send the DLR always for the same bearerbox which
sends the SMS. For example, bearerbox A send the SMS and bearerbox B
receive the DLR. Off course in this case bearerbox B does not find DLR
record and therefore I lose the DLR information.

    To overcome this problem I try to change DLR from internal to DB
(pgsql), but it seams if the connection to DB fails, bearerbox stop send
SMS. I need bearerbox always sends the messages even if it can not
connect to DB to get/update DLR.

    Can you help me find a way to have DLR consistent but if the
connection to the DB fail do not compromise the SMS delivery?

    Best Regards,
    Filipe

Re: DLR - SMSC emi

Sayed Hadi Rastgou Haghi
Dear Filipe,

Are you use same smsc-id for 2 bearerboxes?

You can use REDIS DLR storage ( it's in memory key-value storage and vary fast)

Redis can run on both servers as cluster or one of them or third server :)

I think you should solve your storage connection and bearerbox need that to work.

Can you have one bearer box with 2 connections to instead of  2 separate bearerboxes?

Regards,
Hadi

--
Sincerely,